Listen, we know you don’t need an excuse to eat ice cream before noon. But what if we said you could enjoy ice cream for breakfast while supporting a great cause? That, my friends, is the very definition of a win-win situation.
Join us on Saturday, Feb. 2—Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. (And, no. We did not make this day up. It’s a real, decades-old holiday dreamt up by a pretty smart mom.) Starting now, we’re offering multiple ways to enjoy ice cream for breakfast while supporting She Should Run, a nonprofit working to get 250,000 women running for elected office by 2030. We’ll be opening our shop doors three hours early to scoop ice cream. From 9 a.m. to noon, we’ll donate 100% of all profits to She Should Run.
If you can’t make it to a shop, enjoy a morning scoop at home by ordering the Ice Cream for Breakfast Collection—six of our favorite flavors to enjoy in the early morning hours. 100% of profits from this collection will go to She Should Run to support women who want to step into the political arena. So why not host a brunch and trade pancakes for pints? Or send ice cream to your sister in Sioux Falls or best friend in Birmingham?
If you’re searching for ideas, here are 5 ways to enjoy ice cream for breakfast, inspired by classic early morning dishes.
1. Who needs oatmeal with brown sugar when you can top a scoop of Brambleberry Crisp with Brown Butter Almond Brittle?
2. Don’t settle for a plain cup of coffee and coffee cake when you could have Coffee with Cream & Sugar ice cream with Gooey Butter Cake.
3. Even better—trade up that eclair with two scoops of Milkiest Chocolate and Cream Puff.
4. Are you a fruit smoothie kinda person? In shops, load up on our fruitiest flavors—Rainbow Buttermilk Frozen Yogurt, Lemon Buttermilk Frozen Yogurt, and Wildberry Lavender.
5. Can’t live without peanut butter toast? Salted Peanut Butter with Chocolate Flecks on a Buttercrisp Waffle Cone.
The list could go on, but you see where we’re going here … ice cream is basically a breakfast food.
She Should Run is a nonprofit 501(c)3 that is committed to getting at least 250,000 women to run by 2030. She Should Run operates as a non-partisan resource and starting place for women considering a run for office. Their mission is to expand the talent pool of women running and to give equal opportunity to women of all political leanings, ethnicities, and backgrounds. Their research has shown that when women run for office, they win at the same rates as men. But women are not recruited at the same rate as men. Through programs, workshops, and mentorship, She Should Run has inspired more than 15,000 women to run since the 2016 election.
We’re supporting She Should Run because we believe the work they do is bigger than politics. As more women are elected into office they become role models to young girls and women. They show what’s doable by example. Meaning the next generation of women can actually envision the possibilities of leadership, not just dream about it. Which is a pretty amazing thing.
If you’d like to donate directly to She Should Run, visit the nonprofit here.
Link Source: Click HERE