How to make blueberry muffins from scratch. An easy recipe made with lemon and buttermilk for a moist blueberry muffin that is the best! Small batch recipe makes 4 muffins, but can be doubled or tripled.
How to Make Blueberry Muffins from Scratch – Easy Recipe (small batch)
BEST, LEMON, BUTTERMILK, MOIST
Small batch lemon blueberry muffins are just the thing on a weekend morning. The recipe makes just 4 muffins, but can be doubled, if you like.
Blueberry Muffins from Scratch (880; .49; 10)
Blueberry Muffins Easy Recipe (2400; .93; 10)
How to Make Blueberry Muffins (2400; 0.53; 13)
Recipe for Blueberry Muffins from Scratch (2400; 0.61; 14)
Blueberry Muffins Buttermilk (2400; 0.48; 17)
Blueberry Muffins Moist (880; 1.05; 17)
Blueberry Muffins Easy (5400; .79; 18)
Blueberry Muffins Best (5400: 0.61; 21)
Blueberry Muffins Lemon (8100; 22; 22)
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg white (from 1 large egg)
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon unbleached flour
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°. In a standard muffin tin, line 4 muffin cups with liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together with a fork the ¼ cup plus 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Now, in a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest. Beat this mixture very well to incorporate plenty of air into the batter. I’d say 3 minutes should do the trick.
- Next, add the egg white and continue beating. Then add half of the flour mixture, beating lightly before stirring in half of the buttermilk. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture followed by the remaining buttermilk. When this mixture is fully incorporated, stop mixing! Don’t overmix!
- Next, toss your clean, dry blueberries with 1 teaspoon of flour, then stir them gently into your batter. Divide the batter evenly between the muffins cups and bake for 19-22 minutes. Enjoy!
Link Source: Click HERE